Glazed Parsley, Garlic and Onion Meatballs
Oh boy, these meatballs with garlic and parsley are scrumptious!
These are BIG meatballs- but feel free to make a bunch of smaller ones. This recipe makes 12-15 jumbo meatballs.
Preheat your oven to *350.
For the meatballs you will need:
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups quick cooking oats (use more if you have fattier beef-less with leaner)
- 3 (or more) cloves finely diced garlic OR 1 Tb garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley OR 2 Tb dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup finely chopped onion (how much do you like?)
- 1 Tb salt
- 2 tsp pepper
For the Secret Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 – 1 cup brown sugar (adjust to your sweetness preferences)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon *Liquid Smoke flavoring (you can add more after tasting if you like)
Mix together all the meatloaf ingredients well. You will need to really get in there and mix it with your hands. Roll into balls a bit smaller than a baseball- or about the size of a medium apple if you aren’t up on baseball dimensions.
Mix together sauce ingredients. I make extra sauce to serve on the side because my family thinks every bite should be swimming in it.
Bake meatballs at *350 for 10 minutes to lightly brown then pour sauce all over and bake for another 35 minutes. At that point you will probably need to cut into a meatball to check for doneness.
If the meat is still pink (not from the sauce) bake another 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven and devour!
And let me know how you like them
*Liquid Smoke is all natural!